Frosted Cranberry Drop Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add milk, egg and orange juice; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes; transfer to a small bowl. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost the cookies.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 102 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 26, 2020
Very tasty. Made as directed. Used full bag of frozen cranberries. Ninja make quick work of them
Dec 12, 2019
Very good flavor. I added a few more cranberries, some semi-sweet chocolate chips and in some of the cookies, I added coconut. I only added half of the milk called for and in its place used more orange juice as I wanted a stronger orange flavor to compliment the cranberries. I used orange juice instead of water to make the icing. Delicious! They didn’t last long.
Nov 27, 2019
Loved these cookies. Made them small, bite size, and they were a hit. On the list for Christmas
Nov 23, 2019
Can I freeze these?
Nov 14, 2019
Ingredients in cookie
Nov 2, 2019
I made these cookies tonight and they are delicious. I chopped my fresh cranberries in the food processor and was worried that they were too finely chopped. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out. I made the frosting according to recipe directions and it was spreadable as well as tasty. The only thing I will change next time is to not chop the cranberries so finely; I think a larger piece would elevate the cookie from delicious to sublime!
Oct 23, 2019
These cookies weren't bad, but they didn't have much flavor..I wouldn't make them again
Oct 23, 2019
Haven’t tried these yet. Thinking about using crasins instead of cranberries. Might eliminate icing? Has anyone tried this?
Jul 6, 2019
Haven't made the recipe yet but just wondering if anyone has used orange juice instead of water in the frosting recipe. I think it would be good!
Mar 16, 2019
I am always hesitant about recipes that use use fresh berries, but I tried it anyway because my husband loves fresh cranberries. These are so good! The icing didn't turn out well . It may have been something I didn't do correctly.