Coffee Maple Spritz
I like spritz cookies because they're easier to make than rolled cutouts but I can still be creative with different shapes and sizes. Feel free to substitute vanilla or rum extract for the maple flavoring. —Dierdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine egg, espresso powder and maple flavoring; beat into creamed mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-8 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers.
Originally published as COFFEE MAPLE SPRITZ in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.