Coffee Maple Spritz
I like spritz cookies because they're easier to make than rolled cutouts but I can still be creative with different shapes and sizes. Feel free to substitute vanilla or rum extract for the maple flavoring. —Dierdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine egg, espresso powder and maple flavoring; beat into creamed mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-8 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as COFFEE MAPLE SPRITZ in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015