Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup plus 6 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat 3/4 cup syrup just until it simmers. Reduce heat to low. Whisk a small amount of hot syrup into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Transfer to a large bowl; set bowl in ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the syrup mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, drizzle with remaining syrup and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 441 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2017
Tasty dessert. Used it to make maple trifle. I found that I needed to add more egg yolks to thicken the syrup. I also added maple extract and extra syrup to the whipped cream to bump up the maple flavour a little bit.