Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Prepared frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost as desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 108 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 2, 2017
These cookies are delicious and always a favorite on my holiday cookie tray. The dough works well with my cookie press. I also made them into witches fingers for Halloween. I colored the dough green. I formed the finger shape by rolling a ball of dough to 5" in length and 1/2" thick. I made shallow knife cuts for lines & knuckles then dusted those with chocolate milk powder. I took sliced almonds-which I had dyed in red food coloring-(just shake the almonds gently with the dye in a sealed sandwich bag) and used those for fingernails. They took 10 minutes to bake.
Oct 29, 2015
Fantastic spritz cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.