Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Prepared frosting, assorted sprinkles and decorating sugars
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until edges are firm and lightly browned, 12-13 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost and decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 68 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 2, 2017
These cookies are delicious and always a favorite on my holiday cookie tray. The dough works well with my cookie press. I also made them into witches fingers for Halloween. I colored the dough green. I formed the finger shape by rolling a ball of dough to 5" in length and 1/2" thick. I made shallow knife cuts for lines & knuckles then dusted those with chocolate milk powder. I took sliced almonds-which I had dyed in red food coloring-(just shake the almonds gently with the dye in a sealed sandwich bag) and used those for fingernails. They took 10 minutes to bake.
Oct 29, 2015
Fantastic spritz cookies