Apple ‘n’ Prosciutto Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- In a blender, combine the oil, walnuts, cheese and rosemary; cover and process until blended and nuts are finely chopped. With a bread knife, split focaccia into two horizontal layers. Spread rosemary mixture over cut sides of bread.
- On bottom of bread, layer the prosciutto, apple and Brie; replace bread top. Cut into quarters.
- Cook on an indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. To serve, cut each wedge in half.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 336 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
May 16, 2010
My husband and I loved this, but I altered it some. I used a italian seasoning grinder instead of the rosemary, portuguese rolls instead of focaccia (which I flattened when I grilled), and thinly sliced ham instead of prosciutto. The original version is wonderful, but the budget version is good too. Don't skip the dressing. It's great!
Feb 8, 2009
This is very good. Don't skimp on the quality of your ingredients or you'll know. I tried using a cheaper brands ingredients and did not have as good of a result. I will definitely keep this recipe and make it over and over again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.