Open-Faced Prosciutto and Egg Sandwich
We love breakfast at any time of the day in my house. I came up with this healthy egg sandwich as something new for brinner (aka breakfast for dinner), but they’re great any time of day. —Casey Galloway, Columbia, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and garlic; spread over toast slices. Top with arugula, tomato, prosciutto and fried eggs; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwich: 531 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 1563mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.