Open-Faced Crab Salad Sandwiches
Everyone loved the crab salad my mother-in-law contributed to a family gathering, so I reduced the fat in her recipe for this version. Serve it hot or cold or as a spread for crackers. —Lanie Kappe of Santa Ana, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, cheese, red pepper, onions and celery. Spoon over bread halves.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 3-in. pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 236 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Hot or Cold Crab Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2005
Aug 6, 2019
This was very good, easy
Apr 19, 2014
This is delicious, and very easy,I have made it several times. Sometimes we will have it as a seafood salad. It is a favorite at our house.