Crab Cake Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 hard rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato and onion slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, crushed crackers, onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, egg, salt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garlic powder. Stir into crab mixture until blended. Shape into six 3-in. patties; coat with flour.
- In a large skillet, fry patties in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 430 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Feb 11, 2011
I tried this recipe with a couple of alterations. I didn't have dry mustard so I used prepared and instead of green peppers I used red and yellow. I also chopped up shrimp and added them. Delicious.
Nov 13, 2009
I substituted sweet red pepper for the green pepper - these are delicious served as sandwiches or by themselves.