Crab Cake Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Eggland's Best egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 hard rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato and onion slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, crushed crackers, onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, egg, salt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garlic powder. Stir into crab mixture until blended. Shape into six 3-in. patties; coat with flour.
- In a large skillet, fry patties in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 430 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 11, 2011
I tried this recipe with a couple of alterations. I didn't have dry mustard so I used prepared and instead of green peppers I used red and yellow. I also chopped up shrimp and added them. Delicious.
Nov 13, 2009
I substituted sweet red pepper for the green pepper - these are delicious served as sandwiches or by themselves.