Cajun Crab Burgers
Here's my take on the traditional crab cake. I like to top my sandwiches with Cajun remoulade and pile spicy baked sweet potato fries on the side. —Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-3/4 cups dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in 3/4 cup bread crumbs. Fold in crab. Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Coat patties with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, tomato and, if desired, tartar sauce.