Cajun Crab Burgers
Here's my take on the traditional crab cake. I like to top my sandwiches with Cajun remoulade and pile spicy baked sweet potato fries on the side. —Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-3/4 cups dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in 3/4 cup bread crumbs. Fold in crab. Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Coat patties with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, tomato and, if desired, tartar sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without tartar sauce): 870 calories, 54g fat (8g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 1454mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Cajun Crab Burgers in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014