Open-Faced Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add beef and gravy; cook and stir until heated through. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread each with horseradish; top with beef mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 24, 2013
Delicious! I loved these and so did the kids; I left the horseradish off their sandwiches.
Jun 6, 2012
These were super easy. My husband loved it. Mushrooms might be a nice addition to saute with the onions and garlic. Be sure to add the garlic a couple minutes after the onions because it cooks so much faster and can burn easily (yuck!). I used 1 Tbsp. olive oil instead of the butter and that worked fine. I wish there was a way to make it less salty.