Open-Faced Sandwich Supreme
"My husband and I first sampled this delicious open-faced sandwich at a restaurant," writes Phyllis Smith of Mariposa, California. "It seemed so easy, I duplicated it at home. It's also tasty with cheese sauce in place of hollandaise sauce or asparagus instead of broccoli," she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 package (.9 ounces) hollandaise sauce mix
- 8 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring 1-in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Prepare the hollandaise sauce according to package directions.
- Warm turkey and ham if desired; layer over toast. Top with broccoli and sauce.
Originally published as Open-Faced Sandwich Supreme in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.