Open-Faced Chicken Salad Sandwiches
These uniquely flavored chicken sandwiches, with their sweet-tangy-tart combo of ingredients, are absolutely delectable. “Enjoy this recipe as it is or, even better, use a panini press and fix it as a normal sandwich—it works fabulously.” —Christina Falco Covington, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 6 slices Brie cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- In a large bowl, gently combine the first 10 ingredients. Place bread slices on a baking sheet; spritz with butter-flavored cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread preserves over untoasted sides of bread slices. Top each with 2/3 cup chicken salad and a slice of cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.