Open-Faced Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 French roll, split
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Spread roll halves with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, salt and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute beef and hot sauce in remaining oil until heated through. Spoon onto buns; top with pepper mixture and cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 485 calories, 33g fat (11g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1165mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2015
We thought this was great! Very quick and easy.
Nov 28, 2014
We both really liked this. It is definitely a keeper.
Jun 5, 2013
Look fwd. to making throghout summer, especially with husband's busy schedule. Great alongside dish wuld be a tangy potato salad.
May 20, 2013
Loved it !!
Nov 1, 2012
This was tasty though a bit dry. the next time I attempt this I will probably make more of a cheese sauce.
Jun 15, 2012
This really was quick and easy. Great for the nights when I don't feel like cooking.
Feb 6, 2012
Easy and just delicious! Substituted red for green pepper, but otherwise followed directions. The garlic powder adds much to this dish.
Jan 25, 2012
Jan 14, 2012
Wow, what a simple recipe that tastes great. It is flavorful, moist and fresh tasting with the veggies. I used sliced provolone on top instead of the pepper jack since i had it on hand. I served this for lunch and it rated an 8 or 9. Will make this again, can see potential with boars head buffalo chicken and buffalo sauce as well for a change of pace.
Jan 12, 2012
Loved the recipe and the great idea for dinner. A very simple recipe easy to personalize with substitutions. Great use for leftover roast, and smoked mozzarella and provolone cheeses added a nice smoky flavor.