Open-Faced Seafood Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brush English muffins with butter; set aside. In a bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, 3/4 cup cheese, celery, olives and parsley. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; pour over seafood mixture and toss to coat.
- Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of the mixture on each muffin half; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 508 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 1421mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 10, 2011
I used all crab and forgot to buy the olives, but the melts still turned out well. It's a recipe that helps get a meal on the table quickly.
Sep 21, 2008
These are really good! I had all of the ingredients on hand except for Dijon mustard, so I substituted honey mustard. My husband used up the leftover seafood filling the next day by toasting the English muffin halves, buttering them, spreading the filling over them and microwaving just long enough to get the cheese all nice and melty.