Open-Faced Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread into eight 1-in. slices and toast slices. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, blue cheese and pepper. Spread blue cheese mixture over each bread slice. Top with chicken, mushroom mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 276 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 4, 2014
We loved this. We will definitely make this again.
Jan 16, 2012
I also added bacon bits to the onions and mushrooms - very yummy!!
Feb 3, 2010
This recipe was easy to make and was delish. I made it both with and without the chicken and loved both. I also think this would be great as an appetizer on a melba toast just scaled down a bit. Thank you Lynda for a great recipe! I will be making it again