Open-Faced Frico Egg Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup sandwich giardiniera, drained and finely chopped
- 4 thin slices tomato
- Minced fresh parsley
- For aioli, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Sprinkle Parmesan into large nonstick skillet; heat over medium heat. Cook just until melted, about 2 minutes. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into a custard cup or saucer, then gently slide into pan over Parmesan. Immediately reduce heat to low. To prepare eggs sunny-side up, cover pan and cook until yolks thicken but are not hard, 4-5 minutes.
- Spread aioli over toasted bread. Top with giardiniera, tomato and egg. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 408 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 1188mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 26, 2019
I have never made anything like this before and i had no idea what giardiniera was but it was actually impressively easy to find in the grocery store. Turns out its pickled veggies. I chose to make it because it is for sure something i never would and i am so glad i did because it certainly didn't disappoint. Very good.