Mushroom-Avocado Eggs on Toast
Two of my favorites – mushroom and avocado – make a stacked sandwich fancy enough for company or a weekend breakfast with the family. —Carol McLaughlin, Papillion, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, lemon pepper and basil until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Gently stir in chives.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat oil and remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Place toast slices on an ungreased baking sheet; top with mushrooms, eggs and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Just before serving, top with avocado.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 319 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 307mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Egg Stuffed Breakfast Loaf with Mushrooms, Avocado and Brie in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.