Mushroom-Avocado Eggs on Toast
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, lemon pepper and basil until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Gently stir in chives.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat oil and remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Place toast slices on an ungreased baking sheet; top with mushrooms, eggs and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Just before serving, top with avocado.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 319 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 307mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 20, 2019
Very DELICIOUS. A taste that leaves your mouth wanting more. I altered the recipe a little with what I have in stock. I doubled the mushrooms, used 3 tablespoons of butter, used artisan bread, American cheese, and salt, pepper, and garlic and it was delicious. Also nuc’d the it for 30 seconds instead of baking it. But was still absolutely delicious. I have really enjoyed this dish and have already shared it with my sons. Thank you. Sheila