Peanut Butter, Honey & Pear Open-Faced Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 slices honey whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread peanut butter over toast slices. Top with pear, salt, honey and cheese. Place on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high until cheese is melted, 20-25 seconds.
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwich: 268 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2019
I didn’t substitute anything. I used 5 grain Italian bread from Publix Bakery. I wasn’t really expecting much. Boy, was I surprised! The slice of pear was like a flavor bomb. The drizzle of honey was delicious. It took peanut butter to a whole new level. Between a lap band and no bottom dentures, eating can sometimes be a challenge for me. I found that I could grill this in butter like a grilled cheese and the slice mouthful bites that I was able to chew somewhat and swallow. I loved it. I haven’t had pears in years. It was a joyful experience.
Nov 11, 2018
I substituted almond/cashew butter for the peanut butter; and substituted an apple for the pear. I served it as an afternoon snack. Thank you, L.J. for sharing this recipe.