Peanut Butter, Chicken and Basil Sandwich
Stay with me, here. These classic Thai flavors work on so much more than noodles...try 'em on a sandwich and you won't be disappointed. —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 slice crusty white bread
- 3 tablespoons shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Spread peanut butter over bread. Top with chicken, basil and salt; drizzle with oil.
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwich: 263 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter, Chicken and Basil Sandwich in Taste of Home August/September 2019