Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned green onions
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes; drain. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and ginger; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining oil. Stir in the carrots, onions and chicken mixture.
- Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with almonds. If desired, fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 230 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 30, 2016
My family loved it. Healthy too! Definitely will make again. I chopped the chicken & mushrooms up in a food processor to make it like I have had at restaurants.
Jan 9, 2016
I searched Taste Of Home for something light and easy. The store didn't have any ginger root so I left that out. It was a fresh easy supper. I loved the water chestnuts in it.
Nov 4, 2015
This is a keeper! These were Delicious and easy! I also used a sweet chili dipping sauce.
Jun 1, 2015
Easy to make & Great taste
Feb 18, 2015
We didn't care the sauce. If we made this again, we would def try another sauce.
Oct 23, 2014
May 24, 2014
Easy to make and great taste, we'll definitely be having again.
Feb 27, 2014
Awesome recipe...simple to make. Better than resturant!
Feb 10, 2014
I made these chicken lettuce wraps for Superbowl Sunday. I used walnut oil instead of peanut oil, chipotle BBQ sauce in place of soy sauce, substituted marcona almonds for sliced almonds and used Gardein (Safeway) veggie chicken instead of boneless chicken breasts. I added sections from 1 grapefruit (from our backyard). These were delicious.
Jan 29, 2014
We really liked the flavors. We used roasted peanuts in place of the almonds and wished we had green onions. We also used romaine because it is what we had on hand. Some fried rice on the side would have been great and will be prepared for the next time this dish shows up. Oh yeah, we also didn't add any oil.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.