Crab Salad Tea Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 1 hour
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 cups cooked fresh or canned crabmeat
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 48 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 48 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Green onions, cut into thin strips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; gently stir in crab and eggs. Refrigerate.
- With a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut a circle from each slice of bread. Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Top with lettuce and 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of crab salad; sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with onion strips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 119 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 13, 2016
This is a simple but tasty crab egg scald. My family enjoys it and it is prefect for a tea party. Something fun from time to time
Jan 1, 2016
Outstanding. My New Year's Eve guests gobbled these down and asked for the recipe. I will make these again. The same recipe could be made using chicken instead of the crab, or even shrimp would work.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.