Crab Melt Sandwiches
This open-faced classic is irresistible! Melty flavors and the golden appearance make the sandwich a hit at luncheons for all ages, or you could serve it as part of a light dinner. —Verla Stapleton, Cibolo, TX
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 English muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- Brush muffins with butter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, egg yolks, onion and seasonings. Fold in crab. Spread 3 tablespoons crab mixture over each muffin half.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze uncooked crab-topped muffins in a single layer for up to 2 months. Place frozen muffins on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 English muffin half: 230 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Crab Muffins in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2019