Crab Melt Sandwiches
This open-faced classic is irresistible! Melty flavors and the golden appearance make the sandwich a hit at luncheons for all ages, or you could serve it as part of a light dinner. —Verla Stapleton, Cibolo, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 English muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- Brush muffins with butter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, egg yolks, onion and seasonings. Fold in crab. Spread 3 tablespoons crab mixture over each muffin half.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze uncooked crab-topped muffins in a single layer for up to 2 months. Place frozen muffins on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 English muffin half: 230 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Crab Muffins in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.