Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Place muffins on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until toasted. Spread each muffin half with crab mixture. Top with tomato and cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Broil until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 346 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 6, 2016
We were given a bunch of steamed crabs so I went searching for a recipe. This was a great find! I had a lot of crab meat so I just increased the other ingredients; it turned out very well. I will definitely make this again. Just watch out for the broiler; it doesn't take long.
Sep 9, 2013
Very good and easy.
Jul 20, 2013
These were excellent...I added a little bit of garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper to the mix...Yum!!!
Feb 8, 2013
This is a favorite dinner entree of ours being crab lovers. I've even doubled the amount of crab desiring more filling. Just watch that it doesn't "burn" when placing in the broiler.
Dec 5, 2012
This "Crab Melts" recipe is a very good recipe to entertain just the two of you for lunch, brunch, or a quick snack! There are fabulous variations open for your adding to the sandwiches! YUM!!
May 19, 2012
We got impatient and ate it too soon, but it was great other than that!