Quick Crab Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix crab, mayonnaise, celery and green onion until blended. Place muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat until toasted. Spread with crab mixture. Top with tomato and cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Broil until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 492 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1055mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 4, 2013
made this for dinner tonite. made it on rye bread we bought at the grocers because we didn't have the muffins.. I added penzeys minced onion, penzeys chesapeake seasoning. salt & pepper, and a pinch of penzeys red pepper flakes. it was wonderful! Can't wait to make it again!