Mushroom Crab Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 English muffins, split
- Dash each cayenne pepper and paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms and onion in drippings until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine crab, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, mushroom mixture, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Spread butter over muffin halves. Top with crab mixture; sprinkle with cayenne and paprika. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 485 calories, 33g fat (11g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Dec 28, 2015
Really good and different. Ii'e also made them without the bacon when my vegetarian son-in-law was in town.
Mar 6, 2013
Very good. The kids loved it.
Oct 13, 2012
I wanted to love this, but it was just ok.
Aug 16, 2011
I was actually looking for a recipe for crab topping for burgers when I found this. I made up the crab mixture and put it on fresh, homemade burgers instead of the English muffins. They were great!
Nov 22, 2010
I've never really liked crab but my husband loves it, and I'm not even a big fan of mushrooms, but this is fantastic!! Even my daughter ate it and didn't realize how many veggies she ate because the crab and cheese kind of meld everything together into deliciousness!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.