Crab Macaroni Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Drain macaroni. Add the crabmeat, sour cream, Swiss cheese, salt, mustard, macaroni and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese to the skillet.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2014
I used fresh lump crabmeat instead of canned and Old Bay seasoning instead of ground mustard. The recipe was good but a bit bland. Would try again with more Old Bay and more cheese.
Jan 25, 2011
I was told by my family it was a "do again", not a "do over". I doubled the recipe, and substituted the second can of lump crab with small shrimp. They loved it!