Crab Macaroni Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Drain macaroni. Add the crabmeat, sour cream, Swiss cheese, salt, mustard, macaroni and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese to the skillet.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Feb 21, 2014
I used fresh lump crabmeat instead of canned and Old Bay seasoning instead of ground mustard. The recipe was good but a bit bland. Would try again with more Old Bay and more cheese.
Jan 25, 2011
I was told by my family it was a "do again", not a "do over". I doubled the recipe, and substituted the second can of lump crab with small shrimp. They loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.