Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/3 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CHEESE TOPPING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface; cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir apples in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; stir into skillet. Cook 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese topping ingredients. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Pat dough onto a greased 14-in. pizza pan, building up edges slightly. Spread with cheese topping, then apple topping. Sprinkle with streusel. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 353 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2013
im starting tommarow this project at school i go to school at fhs im 15 in 9th grade tommarow i will tell you if i liked it
Oct 30, 2013
im fixing to try it i hope its delicous see me at roblox.com
Oct 26, 2011
Very good crust. I was happy to find a recipe for fruit pizza that used a homemade crust. The combo of flavors is delicious. Everyone enjoyed it. It takes a bit to prepare, it took me closer to an hour (first time). But I would definitely make it again. My husband wants me to sub. peaches next time. I've already done frozen cherries (thawed and mixed with a bit of flour), omitted the caramel sauce and drizzed the finished pizza with chocolate sauce.
Jan 10, 2010
Love this recipe. But instead of the yeast crust, I used a "Jiffy" pie crust and is came out great. Less time consuming too. Family loved it. Next time I will try Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for the crust.
Nov 21, 2009
This is a very tasty recipe, but very time consuming. This is my husbands favorite treat!
Aug 28, 2009
for a quicker recipe, I used crescent rolls spread in a pizza pan-came out great
Aug 6, 2008
I followed the recipe as it is stated and found that the dough did not rise like I thought it should during the resting period or the baking. Should the yeast be acivated before adding it to the dry ingredients. I got this recipe from my friend and she had put the yeast in dry, however she couldn't remember if she used the traditional or quick rise yeast. Can anyone help me on this one?DB Cooking in Canada