Favorite Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread over two toast slices; top with lettuce and remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 537 calories, 29g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 989mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 27, 2018
I doubled the recipe and added 2 hard boiled eggs. I used MSG (Accent) instead of salt , as we are looking to cut down on sodium and MSG just makes everything taste better.
Jan 18, 2013
We prefer the old fashioned type of chicken salad and this fits the bill. I thought it might be too bland after reading the ingredients but it was very good except a bit salty for us. It's perfect for using up leftover chicken.