Sausage and Pepper Sheet-Pan Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound uncooked sweet Italian turkey sausage links, roughly chopped
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place sausage pieces in a 15x10x1-in. sheet pan, arranging peppers and onions around sausage. Drizzle olive oil over sausage and vegetables; bake, stirring mixture after 15 minutes, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, arrange buns cut side up in a second sheet pan; top each bun bottom with a cheese slice. Bake until buns are golden brown and cheese is melted. Spoon sausage and pepper mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 315 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Mar 31, 2020
So good and so easy! I used a yellow pepper and a green pepper since that was what I had on hand and also used smoked sausage rather than Italian turkey sausage. We had ours without buns, more of an entrée rather than a sandwich. Very good and I will definitely be making this again
Feb 10, 2020
I used hot sausage and removed the casings, just personal preference. Still cooked up perfectly. Very easy and fast dinner!
Dec 18, 2018
This was great! Made it as sandwiches and also served over rice - both are wonderful! Definitely a keeper.
Jun 23, 2018
We love this recipe! This will stay in my dinner rotations for a long time to come!
Apr 8, 2018
Delicious recipe & so easy...! I liked having the ingredients cooking away in the oven and sending out wonderful aromas as I prepped other components of our meal. Instead of making sandwiches, I made “bowls” using the mixture over smoked mozzaralla raviolis and a touch of spaghetti sauce. I loved that the cleanup was so easy, too. Will definitely make this again.
Mar 22, 2018
What a quick and delicious recipe! I made these for our Super Bowl Party and they were a hit!
Feb 9, 2018
I made this about a week ago.... used "pizza grillers" from our local farmers market instead of the turkey sausage. I must say ...... this was quite tasty ..... and very easy to make!!! I served with buttered noodles ...... a new family favorite! Five stars for sure!!!
Feb 9, 2018
Absolutely delicious and ridiculously easy to prepare! I love that it's one cutting board and one pan to clean up. I also love how quickly I can have supper on the table because, let's be honest, I don't always have time to babysit a simmering pan of sausage, peppers, and onions with the stove-top. This is a definite "must-add" to our menu rotation! It tastes especially good with a smear of spicy or coarse-ground mustard.
Feb 3, 2018
So good. I used red, yellow and orange peppers. I pre-browned the sausage in a skillet for easier slicing. Great on rolls and over rice or pasta too!