Lemon-Basil Grilled Shrimp & Couscous
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Cook couscous according to package directions; remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; stir in 1/4 cup basil. Stir 1/4 cup dressing into cooked couscous; reserve remaining dressing.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with reserved dressing. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with lemon peel and remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts8 shrimp with 1/2 cup couscous: 363 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Jun 16, 2018
Quick & tasty!! I had some fresh basil I needed to use, some frozen large shrimp that I bought on sale, & all the other ingredients!! I broiled the shrimp & they truned out fine~
Oct 4, 2014
Love lemon flavor foods but this dressing has a bitter rather than lemon taste. Made the couscous portion first so didn't do the shrimp. Too expensive for this dressing much better recipes out there.
Sep 14, 2014
Very easy and tastes great! Will definitely fix again. The fresh Basil and Lemon really brought out the flavor.
Aug 3, 2014
Very good! Quick and easy for busy weeknights. Could easily modify the flavor depending on your mood.
May 27, 2014
This recipe is ridiculously delicious and easy to prepare. Everyone raved about it. I alternated the shrimp with cherry tomatoes on some of the skewers. The general consensus was that tomatoes added an extra layer of flavor. Next time I will put cherry tomatoes on all the skewers. Thanks, Trish, for sharing this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.