Crab-Topped Fish Fillets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 sole or cod fillets or fish fillets of your choice (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked, or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Paprika, optional
- Place fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the crab, cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Drain cooking juices from baking dish; spoon crab mixture over fillets. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Sprinkle with almonds and paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 429 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1063mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 9, 2019
As soon as I took this out of the oven I KNEW it would be a big hit! I used Basa (also known as Swai) instead of cod and added a sliced green onion to the imitation crab mixture. I did not top it with the almonds because my husband cannot eat nuts..... It reminded me of the cheesy imitation crab dish that you can find at the Chinese buffet. I will surely make this again ....... and again...... and again! Perfect for a quick yet elegant meal for family or company. 5 stars for sure! Susan Bickta Volunteer Field Editor
May 2, 2019
A favorite with my husband. Made as is and served with rice and salad. Love the almonds with the crab.
Mar 31, 2019
This was quick and easy to throw together. I toasted the almonds wondering how they were going to add anything, and man did they ever. Absolutely add the toasted almonds, they add great flavor. I'll be making this again.
Sep 25, 2013
I didn't use nuts, because I couldn't be bothered. I picked the recipe, then read the reviews on here, and I was expecting it to be better than it was. I think in the future I'll use approximately half the mayonnaise. It was just Ok, not WOW! but so quick and easy I'm likely to make it again. I had it ready to go before the oven was done preheating. I just wish it was the kind of recipe that would be good cold, or good for work the next day.
Dec 4, 2012
Easy and very good!! I don't like fish very much but this is one recipe I will make again!
Feb 16, 2011
I've made this a couple of times for myself (as I'm a widow & live alone) & it is delicious! I use cod filets & shredded mild cheddar/jack cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese & do not use nuts, as I don't care for any kind of nuts w/seafood.
Oct 3, 2010
Loved this recipe! I used Orange Roughy and followed the recipe exactly. Quick and easy, will make again for sure.