Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions or chives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, cut up
- Bake potatoes at 425° for 45-55 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, halve potatoes lengthwise. Carefully scoop out pulp into a bowl, leaving a thin shell. Set shells aside. Beat or mash potato pulp with butter, cream, salt and pepper until smooth. Using a fork, stir in onions or chives and cheese. Gently mix in crab. Stuff shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 2, 2017
These are great! I was looking for a change, as me make baked potatoes often. This was a hit with my family! We change up the seafood in the stuffing from time to time.
Apr 21, 2014
Wonderfully easy and delicious!! We made our into mashed potatoes instead of baked.
Feb 25, 2012
These are absolutedly scrumpious.
Dec 17, 2010
I make these frequently. They are terrific and get great reviews.