Tuna-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp. Add the cottage cheese, tuna, celery, onion, 1/4 cup cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed potato halves: 321 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Jun 8, 2017
It was easy to make and we like it. I got the go-ahead to make it again.
Dec 1, 2012
Only Mom liked these. I think I could spice it up for next time. The family ate them but they weren't clambering for more.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.