Tuna Potato Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 celery rib with leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool slightly. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in the tuna, celery, onion, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 potato: 598 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 5, 2012
I made these with leftover filling from the Salmon Quesadillas (https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Salmon-Quesadillas)......substituted sour cream and a little salsa, for the salad dressing.......Very tasty!
Mar 19, 2010
I loved this recipe, I think the next time I make it, I'm going to try adding corn to it, needs more color. But very delicious.
Jan 31, 2010
I only had 2 cans of Tuna and a lot of potatoes *LOL* needed something for dinner for the 4 of us. This recipe fit the bill. Thank you so much. I did not have the Creamy Cucumber Salad Dressing but I did have Ranch.. OH WOW that was great. My kids loved it but the hubby well, he liked it but wasn't crazy about it. But that's fine.. The kids and I liked it very very much !! *LOL*
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.