Tuna-Stuffed Jumbo Shells
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 10 jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- CREAMY CELERY DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Lettuce leaves and red onion rings, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and sugar. Stir in tuna, celery, onions, green pepper, carrot and parsley. Spoon into pasta shells; cover and refrigerate.
- For the dressing, combine sour cream, sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, celery seed and onion powder.
- Arrange lettuce, onion rings and shells on a serving platter; drizzle with dressing.
Jun 29, 2014
We have always made this without the shells and just placed the tuna on a bed of lettuce and served with club crackers. I'm not a tuna fan but this is a pleasant way to eat it. :) People are usually pleasantly surprised and ask for the recipe.
May 26, 2014
I need to make this recipe for 50 people. Can I get help in knowing how much to buy of each item?Thanks
Mar 21, 2014
We really enjoy the stuffed shells. The dressing is the bomb. Thanks for sharing a delicious recipe.
Sep 28, 2013
We have enjoyed this for many years. I frequently make this with canned salmon. The filling is also great with crackers for a party or appetizer buffet.
Jul 19, 2012
This is one of our family favs. I have to omit the onions and peppers, so I bump up the carrots. Yum!
Nov 30, 2011
This is a family favorite and I make it at least once a month. My son doesn't like tuna so I have also make this with diced chicken for him.
Mar 14, 2011
I have made this time and time again. I love it for a light lunch with friends. Delicious!
Mar 7, 2011
I have made this recipe several times, and everyone goes crazy. The dressing is absolutely amazing
Jun 20, 2010
One of my favorite recipes :] the tart sauce perfectly compliments the sweet stuffing
May 13, 2010
paired this with soup--BEST SOUP & SALAD MEAL EVER!! will make next time with alot less sugar. this was pretty to look at and fun to eat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.