Veggie-Cheese Stuffed Shells
Need a great-tasting meatless dish you can count on? These pleasing pasta shells are packed with veggies, three kinds of cheese and wonderful flavor. Thanks to Sharon Delaney-Chronis in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin for her recipe!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, carrot, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain shells; stuff with cheese mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 326 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Vegetables & Cheese Stuffed Shells in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.