Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Asiago cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, chives and 1/2 cup spinach (save the remaining spinach for another use).
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain pasta; stuff with cheese mixture. Arrange in prepared dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked pasta shells; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in the center of 2 or 3 shells to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts3 stuffed shells: 376 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 959mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 24, 2015
came out perfect! I was actually able to use 8 shells instead of 6.... we enjoyed it!
Jul 23, 2014
Delicious! Everyone in the house loved them, so we didn't have any leftovers!
May 29, 2013
Yummy and quick-prep.
Jul 29, 2012
This was delicious and easy. Two out of three boys didn't care for the "green stuff" but the other one loved it. I cooked a whole box of pasta, tripled the recipe, threw the extra pasta I didn't have stuffing for back in to fininsh cooking. Saved some of the sauce (which I added meat to) and the other 2 were happy. This made leftovers for Sunday lunch for the ones who liked it. It was just as good the next day.
Aug 10, 2010
This was delicious and easy.
Feb 16, 2010
love spinach..so this was a great meal!
Feb 13, 2010
I made this dish yesterday for dinner. I doubled the recipe. It was delicious. I will make it again. It took about 20 min to prepare. Had dinner in about 35 min.
Feb 11, 2010
I have made this about a dozen times. Its the most request meal by my family and friends.