Chicken-Ricotta Stuffed Shells
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the ricotta, cream cheese and bouillon until blended. Stir in chicken and Parmesan cheese. Drain shells; stuff with chicken mixture. Place in a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream and butter to a boil. Whisk in 3 tablespoons cheese and parsley. Stir until cheese is melted. Pour over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 499 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 19, 2017
Decent, but I agree that there's no wow factor. And I was surprised by how difficult it was for me to find jumbo pasta shells in the store.
Mar 22, 2017
Apr 28, 2013
It's good, quick, and easy. The three major things I like in a recipe. But, it doesn't have the wow factor even just a little wow would be nice.
Jun 18, 2011
The only thing I would change about this recipe is to make more of it. We can't keep it in the house and I regularly make extra batches to freeze. I'm not creative, but I can follow a recipe and this is a good one!
Mar 7, 2011
They're okay, not great. Couldn't taste the chicken. Sauce & filling are fair.
Aug 23, 2010
one of the best recipes i've ever tasted. i plan to try it useing manicotti shells but leaving out the chicken & bouillon.
Feb 5, 2010
I was very pleased with the way this recipe came out, great alfredo type sauce for the shells. The filling would also be good with a traditional red sauce.
Oct 14, 2009
These shells were delicious. I doubled the recipe to fit my needs and I added a bit more chicken. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks for sharing.
Feb 18, 2009
I like to add spinach to the filling to sneak in a vegetable.