Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta, 1-1/2 cups Parmesan, mozzarella and seasonings.
- Drain and rinse pasta with cold water; stuff each shell with about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken and mushrooms.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add cream; cook 5 minutes longer. Add 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until thickened.
- Pour sauce over the casserole. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- If desired, cover and freeze unbaked shells for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen shells: Thaw in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 684 calories, 45g fat (26g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Oct 13, 2017
This is the BEST. Only changes I made was to reduce the cream to 1 12 cups and added 1/2 cup skim milk. Also reduced the parmesan cheese to 2 12 to 3 cups. Leftovers are even better
Sep 8, 2017
This was a huge hit with my boys! Chicken Alfredo is one of their favorite meals and making it like this was a twist they really enjoyed.
Jun 4, 2016
This was a good recipe with the potential to be great. It was a very rich meal, and like others have pointed out, it was WAY too heavy in grated parmesan. Next time I will cut back on that, and I think this will turn out wonderfully. I'll try reheating it with some chicken broth like the other reviewer mentioned. The only thing I did change was omit the mushrooms (I can't stand cooked mushroom). I will definitely make this again, with some tweaks.
Mar 4, 2016
My son loved this, but I wasn't a big fan. If you love alfredo sauce, then you will like this recipe.
Nov 22, 2015
I love this!! It was sooo good!! :) The only thing I changed was I didn't add the mushrooms because we don't like mushrooms but the dish came out amazing! Definitely a keeper!! :)
Feb 8, 2015
Feb 4, 2015
Mediocre on day 1 (too dry, too rich), so on day 2 with leftovers,...after placing a portion of the shells in a serving bowl, I added a good amount of chicken broth and reheated. Then, I topped the meal with "coconut oil sauteed spinach with a lot of feta" melted in. All together it was Heavenly! OMGosh! 5-STARS on day 2.**I also cut the Parm cheese when making the shells by at least half.
Jan 26, 2015
These were amazing! I thought they were a bit time consuming, but worth making again. I followed other people's advice and cut back on the Parmesan to about two and a half cups. I didn't have parsley flakes. I used precooked Perdue chicken strips( my store was out of boneless chicken breasts). They were very good! My picky husband even said they were good enough to make again and then he went back for seconds. Big compliment! Thanks for the recipe!!!!
Jan 12, 2015
This recipe was delicious! Yummy comfort. My whole family loved it. "It's a keeper" they said. It was easy to put together so it will go into the stick-to-yer-ribs comfort file.
Nov 9, 2014
Easy & delicious! Perfect dish for a weekday after work!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.