Alfredo Shrimp Shells
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, divided
- 6 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- Lemon wedges and fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until almost tender. Add onion; cook until tender. Stir in the shrimp and 2 tablespoons Alfredo sauce. Pour 1/4 cup of the remaining sauce into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Fill each pasta shell with 2 tablespoons shrimp mixture; place in baking dish. Top with the remaining Alfredo sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with lemon and parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 205 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Apr 22, 2015
This was good. A few negatives. The filling did not hold together and spread out when you went to cut it. I also thought some type of additional seasoning is needed. Next time I may follow some of the other suggestions, such as adding garlic or using a flavored Alfredo sauce.
Mar 11, 2014
It tasted great
Aug 2, 2013
These were easy and delicious!! I also added some Louis Kemp crab delights to the shrimp mixture. The alfredo sauce I had on hand already had mushrooms in it so that saved a step as well. I'll definitely make these again!!
Apr 12, 2012
This was really good. I think garlic would be a great addition. If you don't have enough shrimp, use tuna.
Jul 16, 2011
I made this but added a italian 4 cheese blend on top. It was so good. the taste I will remember.
Jun 10, 2011
This recipe is awesome! I couldn't get myself to use salad shrimp, so I used small shrimp from the meat deli department and cut them into 3 pieces. I used half roasted red pepper alfredo sauce and half garlic alfredo sauce and tripled the recipe for 4. Made a caesar salad and bought a tomato/basil focaccia bread. It all complimented each other. Wonderful dinner!! Thank you!
Apr 2, 2011
If you like shrimp, this was rather yummy! :D
Feb 15, 2011
This was delicious and so easy to make. My 9 year old wanted to make this. I had to help some, but she did the majority on her own.
Jan 5, 2011
My family loved this recipe! I will be making this often. I was a little surprised that there was no garlic in this recipe, but I used Ragu's roasted garlic alfredo sauce which added the garlic I desired. I also doubled the filling because this recipe only serves 3 and I have 4 in my family. I was able to fill up 20 pasta shells and my family ate the entire pan. Also, I added half a bag of baby spinach, sprinkled the top of the casserole with some of the leftover mushrooms and parmesan cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.