Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) taco sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 20 baked tortilla chip scoops, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cream cheese and 1/2 cup taco sauce until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling into each shell. Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining taco sauce.
- Bake, covered, until heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chips.
- Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Top with cheese and chips as directed.
Nutrition Facts3 stuffed shells: 384 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Dec 17, 2017
My kids loved this recipe and couldn't wait to eat it after they smelled it in the oven. Great recipe! I added some diced tomatoes throughout and it was very good.
Sep 19, 2017
Excellent recipe and a great freezer meal! Definitely worth the time it took to stuff the shells.
Jan 19, 2017
My daughter has been after me to make these and now I'm sorry it took me so long as they are delicious! Simple to put together and I made them ahead of time, so it was easy to pop in the oven for dinner. Added some sour cream on top when serving and they were perfect! Will definitely be making again.
Nov 3, 2015
The grandkids loved it and it was simple to make.
Sep 12, 2015
I will make this again!!! Everyone loved it! You could add veggies to this. I added some corn.
Jul 18, 2015
Good. Freezes well, I just let it defrost in the fridge overnight and cooked as usual.
Jul 4, 2015
Very good! I topped it with coarsely crushed Doritos......yummy!!! Served with sour cream...no brainer. Love this recipe!! ??
Jun 23, 2015
Very good and flavorful
Jun 21, 2015
My husband really liked this but I thought it was just ok. I think maybe next time I'll cut back on the meat and add some veggies (like maybe some corn or chopped bell pepper). We actually tried it with chicken and it all worked out fine. Will update my review when we try it again and use ground beef.
Jun 15, 2015
Yum! My husband was amused by the "Mexican stuffed shells", but we both liked them a lot. I didn't change a thing, except I didn't use the crushed tortilla scoops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.