For a change of pace from cabbage slaw, why not give jicama a try? The jicama adds a sweet, nutty flavor to this flavorful slaw.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a small serving bowl, combine the cilantro, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the jicama, carrot and red pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir before serving.