Mexican Stuffed Shells
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, corn and beans. Spoon into pasta shells.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Top with sour cream, salsa, olives and onions.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 315 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 4, 2013
I added 1 tbl of Ortega's Fiesta Mexican seasoning to the tomato sauce for a more traditional 'South of the Border' flavor.
Oct 1, 2013
It is very tasty!
May 28, 2013
I have made this numerous times and have had requests over and over for the recipe. A definite keeper!
Mar 28, 2012
This was such a tasty dish! We've added this to our regular family meals.