Stuffed Shells Florentine
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (32 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Thin breadsticks, optional
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt, oregano and pepper. Drain shells and rinse in cold water; stuff with spinach mixture.
- Place shells in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over shells. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Serve with breadsticks if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 292 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 23, 2014
Very good and easy to make.
Jun 13, 2013
My family says this is the best "shells" that I've made. And they want me to make it again. Thank you.
Apr 10, 2012
Did not taste good. I think it would be much better with meat filling and different seasonings. I am Italian.
Oct 19, 2010
Will definitely make again. Very easy to make and delicious!! Leftovers were even better the next day!
Sep 2, 2010
I meant they are inexpensive to make.
Sep 2, 2010
I have made these two times. My boyfriend said they are as good as an Italian restaurant we frequent. They are so easy and expensive to make. Plenty of leftovers to serve the next day.
May 26, 2010
I use 24 shells, and only a 26 ounce jar of pasta sauce, everything else is the same. Very good...one of my favorite dishes (when I was a vegetarian!).
Feb 25, 2010
This was an easy dish that the whole family enjoyed. Yes, you need to cook the shells so that you can stuff them.
Mar 26, 2009
Must you cook the shells first
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.