Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon or lox, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 40-60 minutes or until tender. Cool until easy to handle. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the buttermilk, butter salt, and pepper. Gently fold in salmon. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 12, 2012
Hella good. Boyfriend and I made this together and it was one of the best potato related recipes I've ever eaten.
Feb 18, 2011
OK, but not to DIE for. Nice change though.
Mar 6, 2010
very easy and very delicious!