Crab Cake-Stuffed Portobellos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cheese and seafood seasoning. Gently stir in crab and onion.
- Spoon 1/2 cup crab mixture into each mushroom cap; drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 346 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 28, 2018
So good! Can't wait to make again.
Jun 21, 2018
Amazing! So flavorful. Followed almost exactly, but I sauteed up the mushroom stems with the caps and added it to the filing mix. I only had 4 mushroom caps so I cut an orange sweet pepper in half and filled that, too. Huge hit.
May 15, 2016
This was a very yummy recipes. I made a some of the same tweaks Kemeschmu made. I added red sweet bell pepper, celery and saut?ed garlic along with the onions. It probably would have tasted pretty good without them though.
Jan 1, 2016
No flavor at all.
Oct 16, 2015
Aug 2, 2015
This was very delicious! Will definitely make again. Tasted like a gourmet chef made it and so simple.
Jul 9, 2015
Absolutely delicious! ! I used reduced fat cream cheese, and I used regular crab legs. The canned was 9.99 a piece, where the crab legs were on sale for 6.99 a lb. Score!! A little extra work but oh so worth it!! I didn't have any seasoned bread crumbs so I seasoned plain with Emeril's Essence. Yum!
Jul 9, 2015
Loved this. Changed it up a little bit. Added red sweetpeppers, and celery. I sauted this with the onions. Added old bay and another type of seafood spice, dill weed,. some garlic salt and powder. Everyone loved it. Will definitely make this again. Served with a simple green salad with shrimp
Apr 26, 2015
We loved this recipe!!! Will definitely be made again, probably for company. We had it as a meal. It was so easy to make.
Apr 19, 2015
If I could give this 6 stars I would. I used panko bread crumbs and added a tsp of dried parsley flakes instead of the seasoned bread crumbs. I also substituted green onion for the sweet onion. This recipe is restaurant quality.