Zucchini Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
Makes4 crab cakes
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, thyme, cayenne and zucchini mixture. Fold in crab. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- With floured hands, shape mixture into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. In the same skillet, cook crab cakes in remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 13, 2017
These were delicious! Great way to incorporate some vegees into them, I used mainly the green part of the zucchini to keep the mixture from becoming too wet.
Jul 17, 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.