Zucchini Crab Cakes
Fried to golden perfection, these nicely seasoned cakes from Jacqui Correa of Landing, New Jersey, are loaded with fresh zucchini and succulent crabmeat.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
Makes4 crab cakes
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, thyme, cayenne and zucchini mixture. Fold in crab. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- With floured hands, shape mixture into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. In the same skillet, cook crab cakes in remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 13, 2017
These were delicious! Great way to incorporate some vegees into them, I used mainly the green part of the zucchini to keep the mixture from becoming too wet.
Jul 17, 2016