Brunch-Style Portobello Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Place mushrooms, stem side up, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon spinach onto mushrooms, building up the sides. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each mushroom; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
Jun 18, 2016
These are delicious. Instead of using frozen creamed spinach, I saute fresh spinach with some scallions, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Oct 12, 2013
This was great. I didn't have bacon so cut up precooked link sausage. I also made it once in the microwave and that worked well.
Nov 11, 2012
Enjoyed these very much... easy to make. I used fresh chopped spinach, cheddar instead of Gouda, and added a little chopped ham. I ran out of eggs and had to make one with no egg.... It was even better without it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.