Brunch-Style Portobello Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Place mushrooms, stem side up, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon spinach onto mushrooms, building up the sides. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each mushroom; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
Jun 18, 2016
These are delicious. Instead of using frozen creamed spinach, I saute fresh spinach with some scallions, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Oct 12, 2013
This was great. I didn't have bacon so cut up precooked link sausage. I also made it once in the microwave and that worked well.
Nov 11, 2012
Enjoyed these very much... easy to make. I used fresh chopped spinach, cheddar instead of Gouda, and added a little chopped ham. I ran out of eggs and had to make one with no egg.... It was even better without it!