Crab-Stuffed Filet Mignon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the crabmeat, cheese, onion and butter.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Cut a horizontal slit through each steak to within 1/2 in. of the opposite side, forming a pocket. Fill with 1/2 cup crab mixture. Secure with kitchen string if necessary.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 45g protein.
Feb 15, 2014
This a great dish with some added spices. I added 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning to the crab mixture. It gave it some needed zing. I made this for Valentine's Day and it was a hit. Next, I'll make it for a dinner party of 12. They're going to love it!
Apr 23, 2013
The crab was too fishy for me and we bought the really expensive one wasn't really my cup of tea
Feb 15, 2011
Delicious! I added garlic and herb seasoning to the crab mixture for extra flavor and it was perfect! And it's so easy to make! Two thumbs up from my husband! I'll be making this again soon!
Feb 6, 2011
this was excellent. my husband is a huge fillet fan and he loved the crab in this recipe
Feb 4, 2011
Instead of plain salt and pepper I used grill mates steak seasoning other than that I followed the recipe exactly and loved it.
Jan 4, 2011
WOW! Made this for New Year's Eve and it was fantastic. I will make again soon and even for company.
Jan 1, 2011
I made this for the new year dinner. I think that it needs more flavor. I would make it again but add flavor
Feb 15, 2010
Amazing!! And I could even cook the steak to perfection!!
Feb 9, 2010
Since my wife does not like crab meat, I used salad shrimp instead.After sauteing the shrimp for one minute in olive oil and butter, I added it to the other ingredients for the stuffing. She stated that it was the best Filet ever!! Well of course, THAT made me happy!We will make it again. I have added it to my monthly menu and am anxious to try it again.Thank you,Jay
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.