Stuffed Fish Fillets
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 small cucumber, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 sole or orange roughy fillets (4 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 8 lemon wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots and onion in 3 tablespoons of butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in bread cubes, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, 1 teaspoon salt, dill and pepper.
- Place four fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top each with 1 cup stuffing and another fillet. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining salt. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut in half; serve with lemon.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 233 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 24, 2017
Delicious and easy to make!
Dec 25, 2011
Absolutely delicious! I tried this with whole stuffed trout -sauteeing all the ingredents together but the tomatoes and bread cubes which was added prior to stuffing- and threw in some shrimp. Will be a staple at my home.
Dec 25, 2011
This was the centerpiece of my Christmas Dinner absolutely delicious!!! Must try. The only thing I did differently was add shrimp and sauteed all the ingredients at the beginning but the tomatos and bread.Good luck!